A pressing issue

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

smh00n
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

A pressing issue

Post by smh00n »

Folks I need a new press as the current one is shiite.

Been looking and need advice if anyone has used these. I am budget minded so can't go to thousands and reality is I won't use it a lot anyway (I think) so am going cheap-er.

First choice: Hare & Forbes 20T I go past them every day so freight is Nix.

This bad boy looks very similar but at $382. I think Mr Seller has his description wrong, it ain't air over hydraulic.

This one is an air/hydraulic and sits between the 2 but likely to be dearer due to freight charges.

Any one used any of these and would you buy/recommend again? Or do you have a supplier with same/better at similar price?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A pressing issue

Post by ozbilt »

Hare & Forbes, you will at least get a warranty with them.

Mine is a similar setup but uses a 20t (that is real tons, not the metric kind) porto power, so I get multi uses out of the same piece of equipment, something I always look at whatever I purchase.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
smh00n
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by smh00n »

And as luck would have it Hare & Forbes are having a birthday sale next week. The press is down to $439.

Oz, had I the talent of your left thumb fingernail I would look for natty extra's but sadly I am Klutz.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Just checked the image. I thought you guys were talking about a sandwhich press. About the only thing I could use it for, and it probably does those Italian loaves.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'