Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

65sting
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Car shipping inside US

Post by 65sting »

Hi Guys.
Found myself a 67 Fastback in the US. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a shipping company to get the car to the ports in California?

I haven't yet organised shipping from California to Fremantle but any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!+
Garagemahal
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Re: Car shipping inside US

Post by Garagemahal »

Pm sent
I'm planning on living forever - so far it's working out well...
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

where abouts in the US?

Transport companies are normally a hit and miss...normally miss

Whoever you use, make sure the seller REQUESTS that the rear end be tied down with STRAPS over the wheels and chains ARE NOT TO BE USED AT THE REAR to tie it down....chains at the front are ok

Maybe have the seller take a few pics of it loaded without any damage and how they have tied it down just incase

Mexicans have no respect for classic muscle

Matt
65sting
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by 65sting »

Matt it's coming from Ash Fork AZ. I've had 2 replies and it's roughly $400.

I'm concerned that I might end up with a dodgie operator who dosen't tie it down correctly or worse damage it!

I had a car picked up last year and I followed the truck with my car on the back for around 30 miles before I had to turn off. Even today I'm surprised it made here in one piece!

Thanks for the tip about slings and chains. I'll have the guy I'm getting it from watch over it whilst it gets put on the truck.

Regards Gordon
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Where most transport operators tie them down in the rear are the two (roughly 1-1 1/2") circles in the rear rails behind the rear torque box.

Those holes are only there for one reason for when they come down the production line and thats it.

Using a chain hook to tie them down there will only open them up like a can opener as the car over bumps on the way to its destination and eventually the chains become slack (after the damage is done) and the rear end is also now unsecure and the only thing holding it to the truck is the front chains.

We have all our cars stapped over 4 wheels and 2 chains from the front. helps when you know the driver and the care they take

Good luck with it

Matt