Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Whats the distance between Rad & pump pulley on a 67

Post by ozbilt »

Shaunp wrote:
nassi wrote:You can also use the Modeo twin setup, it is a much better fit than the AU twin setup.
An issue we have found with the twin fans though, is one blows directly on the power steer pump and this then fries the oiled the pump so we needed to run a cooler for the power steer.
I only noticed this on the later model ally pumps though and not the original early Ford style.
Maybe I'll just put the 6 blade viscous clutch fan and shroud on it, I'm betting it will work fine, I'm just worried are about it coming apart at revs
A 5 blade fan off a Boss 302 will pull all the air you need on the rad you have. Bolts straight on, not through a viscous coupler.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

ozbilt wrote:
Shaunp wrote:
nassi wrote:You can also use the Modeo twin setup, it is a much better fit than the AU twin setup.
An issue we have found with the twin fans though, is one blows directly on the power steer pump and this then fries the oiled the pump so we needed to run a cooler for the power steer.
I only noticed this on the later model ally pumps though and not the original early Ford style.
Maybe I'll just put the 6 blade viscous clutch fan and shroud on it, I'm betting it will work fine, I'm just worried are about it coming apart at revs
A 5 blade fan off a Boss 302 will pull all the air you need on the rad you have. Bolts straight on, not through a viscous coupler.
Kerry Ive got a proper ford Viscous 6 blade set up with factory shroud etc mert had a couple, and a big block rad. I was figuring the viscous fan could slip a bit at revs and save some power, I may give it a go and see how it is and go electric when it put the 8 stack injection on it.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Hi Shaun, sorry mate but been away. This is my setup dimensions.

Running a Ron Davies rad which is 3" deep, custom shroud is 1" and the Derale single fan is 2 1/2". So that is 6 1/2" total. Plus I have over 1" to the pump pulley, however I am using a Concept One pulley system.

Last edited by cage on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."