Battery relocation guidelines.

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Battery relocation guidelines.

Post by scott66stang »

66STNG wrote:
scott66stang wrote:I have one of these busbars attached to engine bay apron, each application is different depending if you have a std motor set up or modified.
My cable from the boot runs to my EB 5.0l efi starter solenoid on LHS, then another battery cable from the solenoid around to this connector rhs apron where all my fuesable links and ignition wiring is. The cable running from one side of the car to the other is std wiring set up on EB-EF Falcon V8 and probably AU onwards.

f
Arhhhhhhh that's what I need, now I get it... I think.
I think the older I get.. The dumber I become. Or as my wife says, you are overthinking it again.

Great now back to mine 😃😃😃 Hybrid you can move the relative posts to my build or separate thread if you feel inclined.

My fuel pump stopped priming, then while listening for the pump i heard what sounded like a radio crackling put my ear closer and it was the ECU. I had this apart before and inspected it looked all clean free from leaks from capacitors etc, however this time 2 of the 3 capacitors were leaking a 16v and a 63v. So they must of been on there way out? So now i will have to see if Jaycar have got them and do some soldering replacing all 3... hopefully with good results.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Nah, can't be arsed moving posts :D
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

scott66stang wrote:
66STNG wrote:
scott66stang wrote:I have one of these busbars attached to engine bay apron, each application is different depending if you have a std motor set up or modified.
My cable from the boot runs to my EB 5.0l efi starter solenoid on LHS, then another battery cable from the solenoid around to this connector rhs apron where all my fuesable links and ignition wiring is. The cable running from one side of the car to the other is std wiring set up on EB-EF Falcon V8 and probably AU onwards.

f
I think the older I get.. The dumber I become. Or as my wife says, you are overthinking it again.

Great now back to mine 😃😃😃 Hybrid you can move the relative posts to my build or separate thread if you feel inclined.

My fuel pump stopped priming, then while listening for the pump i heard what sounded like a radio crackling put my ear closer and it was the ECU. I had this apart before and inspected it looked all clean free from leaks from capacitors etc, however this time 2 of the 3 capacitors were leaking a 16v and a 63v. So they must of been on there way out? So now i will have to see if Jaycar have got them and do some soldering replacing all 3... hopefully with good results.

Let me know what size, I can pick them up Saturday.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Hey scooter, got a 1uz puter that comes with a free engine if ya want...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Pinto-Pete wrote:Hey scooter, got a 1uz puter that comes with a free engine if ya want...
Just threw 2 of them away 😃
No thanks Pete got better options, but my useless pot smoking ricer son inlaw would be interested . 😝
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

nassi wrote:
scott66stang wrote:
66STNG wrote:f

Let me know what size, I can pick them up Saturday.
Thanks mate, i may be able to swing past Jaycar tomorrow or sat as i have to do some shopping, i will call them first to see if they have them in stock, it looks like they have what i need on their website.