right angle grease zerks

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

right angle grease zerks

Post by xpconnor »

Hey Guys

Quick question. I want to buy some right angle grease zerks to fit the upper control arm for my 65 and I'm not sure what diameter or thread size I need? The new control arms came with the standard straight zerks and I forgot to grab them last time I was working on the car so have nothing to compare to.
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: right angle grease zerks

Post by ozbilt »

xpconnor wrote:Hey Guys

Quick question. I want to buy some right angle grease zerks to fit the upper control arm for my 65 and I'm not sure what diameter or thread size I need? The new control arms came with the standard straight zerks and I forgot to grab them last time I was working on the car so have nothing to compare to.
Stock ones, same as here. 1/4 UNF from memory. I should have some if you cannot find them
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

No worries. I will have a scout around and see if I can find anyone who sells them locally.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

xpconnor wrote:Hey Guys

Or you could try your local bearing center or Repco or Bursons and ask for grease nipples right angle ones at that.....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

Thanks Pete. Will try there first. I Just wasn't sure if they came with different sized threads but 1/4 UNC sounds like the go.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

xpconnor wrote:Thanks Pete. Will try there first. I Just wasn't sure if they came with different sized threads but 1/4 UNC sounds like the go.
Do come in different sizes, but Oz has you on the right path,.... again. :like:
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm