Total votes: 18

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 2013 Mustang Nationals WA

Post by nassi »

ozbilt wrote:
nassi wrote:
If the car doesn't move, what methodology is used to allow all the criteria to be judged in the one location? Scissor lifts?
Cars get judged on the ground, what they can see is what they can see.

The events (like last weekend) where they went on a lift, only suit the trailer queens. So how many of them came? 3 - 4 that I know of. Even Pebble Beach is judged on the ground.

Concourse is for "originality" not for "who has the newest car".
Ok, so no under body? or is that reserved for Thoughbred only?
Or is this where trailor queens come in?
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

I'm afraid Cam is in hiding :)

Cam come back mate I like your ideas, we have to build on them and make the next event more for all types of Mustangs and levels of public interest, personally the concours primadonnas hold little interest for me. More projects more creative displays etc, it would be good to have a trophy for best individual Mustang display etc, what do you think.

Happy to host you for a beer.
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Cruzn65 wrote:I'm afraid Cam is in hiding :)

Cam come back mate I like your ideas, we have to build on them and make the next event more for all types of Mustangs and levels of public interest, personally the concours primadonnas hold little interest for me. More projects more creative displays etc, it would be good to have a trophy for best individual Mustang display etc, what do you think.

Happy to host you for a beer.
He's not hiding, he will be back when he can get a shirt with a pocket. :like:
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

nassi wrote: He's not hiding, he will be back when he can get a shirt with a pocket. :like:
lets not go there nassi :worms: :rotfl:
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Cruzn65 wrote:
nassi wrote: He's not hiding, he will be back when he can get a shirt with a pocket. :like:
lets not go there nassi :worms: :rotfl:
Sorry mate........... :outtahere:
mach70
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by mach70 »

In no particular order my 2 cents

- The 2013 Committee needs to have a meeting to record what worked/did not, problems issues good & bad things. Even the weather over the weekend so as the next committee has something to reference.

- Maybe a topic could be started asking for comment from those that attended/volunteered/organised etc for 1 good point 1 bad point and one thing to improve on. Although it could quickly turn into a bitch fest which wont achieve anything.

- Yes it should be run as a business, but I dont think it will survive doing it that way.

- Charity begins at home. Invite a charity or 2 to setup a tent/ have collectors at the gate etc and if they decline...too bad. Otherwise "profits" should be re-invested into the next one. What if you could use the profits from this year to pay for a big name to fly out from the US to attend next time?

- More members need to be involved, but also the load needs to be lighter. For Example instead of just a core group of people doing the bbq or attending the front gate maybe a roster can be setup so that more can do a little, maybe ask each member showing a car to "donate" an hour to the club of their day to help out doing a particular task.

- Encourage more "projects" they were really popular. Try to have the same car in a project then a finished/restored/show one next to it so people can see it "finished".

- Kids stuff is great (bouncy castles, etc etc) but do you really want to hype up the kids and have em running and screaming around pristine paint? I sure wouldn't. Keep em relatively calm.

Might add a few more cents later.

Shawn
Try not to make things Idiot proof as you only make a better class of Idiot.
Cameron
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cameron »

Not hiding. I spend my days tied to a computer, so normally only fleetingly use one at home - and its the same reason why I love the hobby (its something different and completely left field to what i do for a crust).

I have learned a lot from everyones posts here. Having never been involved, i never realised the importance and weight that concourse places on the event schedule.

There has been so many points raised, some i agree with and some i dont. But thats what makes the world go around.

I honestly dont believe that the flight time/public holidays makes a difference. But maybe thats just me, the amount of time i spend on a plane would make a FIFO worker blush. I also dont see someone with a $100 000+ Concourse car not shipping it over because they miss out on public holiday friday.

Dont worry. I wont write an essay.

So back to Nats 18'.

I would be delighted to accept a place to assist the club. I know its a long time away, and i will have to build up my own involvement in MOCWA. I also dont want to step on anyones toes and appreciate the work done to get to the point where we are now. So as long as the "Dirty Harry" isnt anything sexual, im happy to throw my hat in the ring, stage up my own involvement and help.
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

hybrid wrote: Remember that with the time difference, you lose practically a whole day flying back to Sydney
Its uncannily like that day u gained flying there ! :poke:
I smell oranges !

Michael
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

Cameron wrote: So as long as the "Dirty Harry" isnt anything sexual
Watch "Sudden Impact" or "Dirty Harry", Clint Eastwood will explain all there is to know "punk" :)

We should ask Dirty Harry to make few decisions on the Nationals, it will be sorted faster than a bullet from a 44 Magnum. :)

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

chopmgw wrote: Its uncannily like that day u gained flying there ! :poke:
Doesn't work that way.
We leave Saturday morning, so yeah we get the whole saturday in Perth, but the whole Sunday is gone in flights. Either way, there is no getting around 10 hours worth of flying.

I love Perth.. don't get me wrong. Been probably half a dozen times now if I include work trips.

But you can't blame Easterners for not wanting to pop over for a weekend, because you need to have the Monday off if you want the entire weekend over there.
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Cameron wrote:So as long as the "Dirty Harry" isnt anything sexual, im happy to throw my hat in the ring, stage up my own involvement and help.
Oh no, don't tell me there's a generation that doesn't know Dirty Harry? Cam I'm shocked. It's true what the newspapers are reporting then, education is certainly on the decline. :-|
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

Are you here now hybrid? if you get bored, pm me. Im a jobless bum at the moment... Could use some company
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Nah I'm in Syd.. it was just a hypothetical.
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

ponyride wrote:
Cameron wrote:So as long as the "Dirty Harry" isnt anything sexual, im happy to throw my hat in the ring, stage up my own involvement and help.
Oh no, don't tell me there's a generation that doesn't know Dirty Harry? Cam I'm shocked. It's true what the newspapers are reporting then, education is certainly on the decline. :-|
Rick its not only sad that Cam seems to not know who Dirty Harry is but worse he thinks a "Dirty Harry" is sexual activity of some description..... :rotfl:
Cameron
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cameron »

Cruzn65 wrote:
ponyride wrote:
Rick its not only sad that Cam seems to not know who Dirty Harry is but worse he thinks a "Dirty Harry" is sexual activity of some description..... :rotfl:
Ha ha ha ha. :lol:

The Dirty Harry sounds great though doesnt it! I would be sure to get a slap and bedroom lockout from the mrs if i said that we are going to go up the dirty harry.

On that note (the movie one not the sex one), I watched Bullit recently. And not trying to wind everyone up again with the heresy i am about to type. But. Apart from "that" scene, i would have preferred to watch Michael Bay's Transformers. And thats saying something.