Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ozbilt's travels

Post by ozbilt »

5/6/10

Spent the last couple of days playing with this car & other MG's in Bob's collection....

http://www.mgbob.com/index.html

It is a car that I have been involved with over the past couple of years. Notice the ugly dude still had his Mustang jumper on for the pic.. :(

Another one of his cars is a "survivor" MG TC that was raced at Torrey Pines (near San Diego CA). Some up & coming drivers in the races (that we have the program for) were guys named Phil Hill & Carol Shelby. Apparently they both became well known later in their lives.

It is an interesting car as it has bucket seats that were WW2 surplus taken from a very famous B17 bomber. Was a Generals plane & might have been Bradley's plane (still to be confirmed by cross referencing the # on the seats to the aircraft logs of the era).

Notice the WW2 aircraft seat belts that are installed as well. Very strong, bolted to wood!

Those seats had a slip on cover over the back, No seat cushion as the pilot/co-pilot sat on their parachutes. Look at any old WW2 pic of an aircrew walking to the plane & you will see the bulky chute hanging low behind them. It then fitted into that bucket on the bottom (hence the name "bucket seat")!
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

6/6/10

Spent the day in San Francisco, was busy earlier in the day looking for parts for you guys as you can see here...

Lunch at the Hyatt, 36th floor resturaunt, decent view...

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

10/6/10

Spending the rest of the week in wrecking yards & on Friday night will be at one of my favourite cruise nights, the Auburn Cruise Night...

http://www.sierradigitalservices.com/au ... enite.com/

Lot of stuff I built gets there, so will be a great night to catch up with everyone. Pics will be in my Photobucket site the next day (Sunday for you guys)

Sunday a swap meet in the same area (actually the fairgrounds this time)...

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/mlm ... t_adv.html

Just played this to get me in the mood for Friday night...

PFf1eGx5iw4
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

12/6/10

Spent the evening at the Auburn CA Cruise Night. 350 + cars there, great night. Caught up with many old friends & customers & got reacquainted with their cars.

Lots of hemis & other big blocks in attendance, even a pickup truck (a 60's Chevy) that has a helicopter turbine engine in it! I had noticed the truck but the hood was down, so nothing special with the exception of 4 X 6" exhaust stacks behind the cab. "What a wanker" I am thinking until he fired it up to leave.....wow what a noise on start up. Just like a helicopter spooling up. Then as it moved off it was quiet as a mouse. Could not get any pics because of the crowd.

Pics of the cruise night here.....

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww28 ... 2011%2010/

This car I built around 2000, it was the feature car at my daughter Adamanda's wedding here in CA in 2007. She & Marquis are the proud parents of Orion that I am here visiting.

Hung out the night with Rusty, a good friend & customer from the past. We built this 34 Ford Cabriolet up from a basket case over the time I was in the shop in Loomis CA.

Rusty here looking over something interesting....

His car in the garage, taken 12 months ago, not a good shot.....

Link to the rest of the pics to his car....

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww28 ... Cabriolet/
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

14/6/10

Went to a swap meet today. Pics here.....

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww28 ... %206%2010/

Something for you Frank, & later in the pics, some ideas for Hev on the 56 F100.

Caught up with more old friends & customers. One of my good friends that builds different stuff, Travis & Sheila had their VW there...

Also Bob Lamb (Mustangs Across America 1994/5/6 & 2009) had his Grandson with him & has given him this car that I helped with...

Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

27/6/10

Just looking at Ron Kimball's website (well known photographer of cars, many calendars by him) & found a couple of cars I had through my shop in CA.

http://www.kimballstock.com/auto_home.asp

The Talladega was owned by my good friend Byron that has just passed away. This one I only had to deal with a few minor issues, rust in the trunk floor from the battery, panel repairs all round but no other rust, car was really nice & something to consider that is a little out of the ordinary.

Type in 1968 on the automotive page

On page 5 of 1969 you will find this Royal Maroon Torino Talledga...

AUT 22 RK2586 01
1969 Ford Torino Talladega Maroon 3/4 Front View On Pavement

More of this car on following pages.

The 70 TA coupe is owned by Roy Richards a guy we first met in Portland Oregon back in 92. The TA coupe was actually built by Richard Rodek, the same guy that found the 2 X 1969 Bud Moore TA cars back in 82 & restored them along with many others including the Follmer 1970 #16 TA car. All I did with the coupe was sort the wiring (fit a larger & more complicated fuse box) & baby sit it for a while. Well take it to cruise nights was baby sitting... :thumb:

On the automotive page type in 1970

MST 01 RK0449 01
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Blue 3/4 Front View On Pavement

is on page 1, Grabber Blue 1970 coupe. Car can be found a few more times on the following pages.
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Nice to have most the info moved here. Now working on a few projects in the cave. A 1969 Q code Mach! that is a very early build car. Some of the engineering tags & date stamps go back to May 1968, considering that production did not start until August. That would make some of those pieces blood related to the 69 Trans Am cars & the 3 that ran at Bonneville. Nice company.....
Kerry

Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

Great to see you again kerry! your knowledge and advice is priceless and i love seeing whats out there in the states!
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Dynamic wrote:Great to see you again kerry! your knowledge and advice is priceless and i love seeing whats out there in the states!
I agree. It has been somewhat disheartening on the other forum of late.
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
gary70au
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by gary70au »

Glad to see you back in action Kerry,

Hybrid, good job mate, we need a thumbs up smiley though :-D
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

:thumbs:
Kosa
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Kosa »

good to see u active kerry
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Great posts Kerry. That 34 Ford :drool:
gary70au
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by gary70au »

Now that's service :thumbs:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

ChilliChadd wrote:Great posts Kerry. That 34 Ford :drool:
I will let Rusty know. He loves his car being talked about.

Hard to tell in those pics, but it is a "cabriolet" the rarest of the 34 Ford converts. Has wind up windows.

I fitted "bear claw" door locks (like a Mustang has) & that was interesting getting them to work around the door glass & them getting the original door handles to work them. They are hot rod parts that are designed to be used with remote control solenoids, not manual handles, so the arc of travel is very short. I had to work out a cam system so the outer handle felt right when opening the door.