Chinese Hoists

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chinese Hoists

Post by ozbilt »

gbx78 wrote:kerry what day you want to unload ... the container? sat or sun?
Prob Monday when I have a forklift around. That is some heavy stuff on board.

If that changes (like unloading Sat or Sun), I will call you
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
69Boss
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69Boss »

ozbilt wrote:
mikes68 wrote:
soc123_au wrote:
Come on Kerry, she is pretty damn good I reckon. One of the best racks in China I thought. There is some fine looking Women over there so the pool is rather large................
:like: :like: :like: :like:
I am surprised you can remember anything of the trip Mike, let alone who you met .... :poke:
I spent most of the last trip keeping an eye on Mike so if there is any problem I may be able to assist in filling in the blanks :popcorn:
Barry
A word of advise....Never get into a sword fight with Steve.....He has some slick moves!!!
Sorry that should read SICK moves!!!
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

69Boss wrote:
ozbilt wrote:
mikes68 wrote: :like: :like: :like: :like:
I am surprised you can remember anything of the trip Mike, let alone who you met .... :poke:
I spent most of the last trip keeping an eye on Mike so if there is any problem I may be able to assist in filling in the blanks :popcorn:
Barry
Yes, like you can remember ...... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

ozbilt wrote:
gbx78 wrote:kerry what day you want to unload ... the container? sat or sun?
Prob Monday when I have a forklift around. That is some heavy stuff on board.

If that changes (like unloading Sat or Sun), I will call you
bugger cant do monday ill be in the city.. but tues is good if thats not too late .. or yes even the weekend just give me a call. or text cause my phone and reception is dodgy..
Faststangfan
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Faststangfan »

After sitting gathering dust for a couple of years I have finally cleared space and installed the two post hoist with floor wiring GL-3.2-2e.
Does anyone have any photo's or diagrams of the wiring to the control box?
The "Chinglish" instructions I have refer to a diagram which is non existent, and the two black wires left for the connection are of no use in identifying the circuit.
On another note following the measurements given in the instructions the plate which sits between the posts seems too be a couple of inches too long to sit into the cut out portion of the foot plates, has anyone else had this problem. At this stage I'm going to cut it down to fit as all the cables and hydraulic lines fit the post spacing as indicated in the instructions.
Living the dream.
1969 Mach 1 351c
1970 Fastback 302w
1971 Fastback 351c
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

I will get Barry to take a few pics of Robs one set up. You shouldnt have to cut anything.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

soc123_au wrote: You shouldnt have to cut anything.
I had to shorten my legs to get under my hoist! Or is that why they call them a Belly Hoist, coz you have to get on your belly to get under the car? :rotfl:
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Ok, I checked with Barry. You definitely dont need to cut anything. I would say you have the posts too close together. If you cut the floor plate the cables will be too long & you may not have enough play to adjust them.

With the wiring, they got a sparky to wire it. One wire earths in the control box & the other 2 get connected to your 3 pin plug.
Faststangfan
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Faststangfan »

soc123_au wrote:Ok, I checked with Barry. You definitely dont need to cut anything. I would say you have the posts too close together. If you cut the floor plate the cables will be too long & you may not have enough play to adjust them.

With the wiring, they got a sparky to wire it. One wire earths in the control box & the other 2 get connected to your 3 pin plug.
The instructions show a measurement taken from outside edge of each foot plate of 3250mm and a diagonal measurement of 3281mm, that is exactly what I have, yet the floor plate is approximately 60mm too long. The cables are hand tight with approx. half an adjustment length of thread left at each end. I'll leave it as is at this stage until I get it powered up and see if do run out of adjustment on them before re mounting any posts. Thanks for the feedback though.

:like:
Living the dream.
1969 Mach 1 351c
1970 Fastback 302w
1971 Fastback 351c
jbb
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by jbb »

did you just bolt posts flat onto the concrete???

check measurement at the top of the hoist and spirit level all sides of the posts.
your post may not be perfectly vertical (leaning towards each other )

you may need to put packing spacers under the post bases to get straight, in all directions.

that is unless you have already thought of this.....
jbb
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by jbb »

Doh.. :argh: :argh:
sorry i was thinking about overhead hoist having that issue.

get barry to measure length of his floor plate and post spacing and work with that.
if the floor plates are the same then youll likely need to move a post.

jbb
Faststangfan
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Faststangfan »

The hoist is working fine with plenty of adjustment left in the levelling wires if required. I will cut down the floor plate to fit and call it job done.
Initially I decided to stick with the posts measurements as shown in the instructions as it would be a lot easier to shorten up the levelling wires rather than trying to lengthen them.
Living the dream.
1969 Mach 1 351c
1970 Fastback 302w
1971 Fastback 351c
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Chinese instructions are a thing of beauty.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Found this; something to think about; be sure to have regular maintenance checks and only use them according to manufacturer's spec. I guess that goes with any piece of equipment.

http://goodtogosafety.blogspot.com.au/2 ... hicle.html

s
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

soc123_au wrote:Image

Lifting Capacity 3200 kg Motor Power 2.2kw
Lifting Height 1760 mm Power Supply 380V/50Hz/3Ph or 240v
Gross weight 550kg

Nice little hoist with floor wiring.

$1750.00 landed and cleared in Sydney.
Hey guys. I'm considering a hoist for my garage. Not completely ideal but it's the only place I can securely put one with minimal effort considering I may not stay where I am in the long haul. My garage width is 3.3m wall edge to edge.

It looks like that 2 poster will fit width wise.. again not as good as say an open workshop but for the purpose of getting under it should work well. Height of my walls are 2.4m before the pitched roof starts. May need to raise the roof a touch but still less effort than other ideas. The actual pitch is quite high so the roof of the car might actually be fine considering I'm a short ass.

Long story short is there any left or a 3rd shipment on the cards?

If I move i can take it with me but I can see it being extremely valuable for me. Im always tinkering with my car and getting on the floor to service all my families cars is proving hard on my body being an old farther now
Last edited by gbx78 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead