holley sniper instal

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: holley sniper instal

Post by 123abc »

just installed the hyper-fuel in tank retro fit in tank pump kit, so quiet has fuel reg included with a bypass as well which i used e as the sniper regs its own fuel. easy kit to do and well made .
the hyper spark dizz is working a treat, now i have tweaked it on my computer , it seems if you turn off the simple mode and turn on 2d and maually adjust the values on the sd card the tune is better and it still learns while you drive.
Last edited by 123abc on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Sounds like pretty amazing gear.
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

it is not without some teething issues but none are the snipers fault mostly upgrading power supply and such
then getting addicted to it and doing timing control and things like that, but how well it performs now is amazing so smooth and yet agressive when on the pedal fuel cons is way better even sound different
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Looks good. How much was that setup? Looks very similar to the holley one. It's great they have a nice thick seal for the ribs in the tank now.
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

holley one is about 750-850 this is the hyperfuel by fitech $550 it has a built in fuel reg to 58.5 psi same as a sniper runs and no return line needed or you cam bypass it and use the reg that on the unit and have a return line . i also think the fitech system iis a better mount than the holley one.
that red dot in the middle is the reg bypass just undo tyhose 2 screws lift plate and put the reg back in seems to have sealed good as well
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

I see holley makes in an tank EFI pump that fits into the original fuel sender hole in the tank (lower front). At USD350ish might make retaining the original tank an option.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

i did look at those it jus t worked out more cost effective this way and if any issues with pump you dont have to drain tank i have a mat in my boot so you donnt see it im also making a pvc cover which i will sikka to the tank to protect it
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

an update on my sniper so far with some help i have teaked the tune and timing a heap and understand how it works a little better man timing control was worth every cent still happy with the sniper system works well with ac big fans and runs real cool in summer so overall a goos setup with no real issues ,on that note my mate with a lj gtr torana put the 2bl version on to replace his triple strongbergs and has said the 202 run better and crisper with the sniper kit than it did with triples so it is an option for the straight six clan
Borgche
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Borgche »

I just checked out the new Holley pump setup. Looks stock and no fuel lines in the boot.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_sy ... s/VK040023

I previously looked at the hydramat product, it acts as a reservoir during cornering only pulling fuel from wherever it touches fuel rather than air. I was wondering why they didn't release an in tank pump option using this product at the time. Must have been in development
Last edited by Borgche on Sun May 31, 2020 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Fastback A code

I am Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

i was going to do the same but the cost of a tank and the rest of it for a 70 was about 1200 bucks all up so i went with the fitech one has a the hydramat in tank on the pick up
and was a bit better designed than the holley one you cant see my line any way with the boot carpet down hides it all